September 11, 2012

Will we ever be Satisfied?

So for Labor Day weekend, my family and I headed to the States to do some shopping. Of course, the purpose of this trip was to get new clothes, because I think we were all pretty bored with our old ones. But then I thought, we will eventually get sick of our new clothes, and thus we will have to buy new ones the next year, and so on. It's like we will never be satisfied with what we have, as we are always expecting more.

Although I am no expert, I do believe that one of the keys of being happy is appreciating what you have. You can think of your old clothes as boring and "so-last-year", or you could think of them as possibilities of discovering new, different combinations, like you're seeing them in another perspective. Now, I'm not sure if this is the best example for what I'm trying to say, but I think it can represent it.

Well, now to think about it, another example can be summer and winter. Here where I live, winters are always freezing cold, and summers can get blazing hot. So when it's winter, I long for it to be summer, but when summer does comes along, I literally count the days till the temperature will drop.

I don't think anybody can truly be 100% satisfied with what they have. But everybody can make an effort to appreciate what they do have. Looking something on the brighter side truly does help living a more lively, thoughtful life. And that's what I'm trying to do. I think I'm still quite far from reaching that level of positivity, but I'm learning, and everyday, I try my best to keep a positive attitude.

Think about it for a second. Think about the meaning of life. Go on, I'm thinking with you too...

Ok, so maybe you just skipped that step, or you didn't really bother thinking much, but I think at the end, this whole post can be summed up into one single quote/question:

"Is your glass half full, or half empty?"

I think everybody would always like to see their glass half full, but a lot of the time, that just isn't the case. But you have the power to change that, and with that power, you could see your life in whole new light.

8 comments:

  1. Hey! just letting you know that I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blogger Award. For more information feel free to check out my post http://theyabookgeek.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/one-lovely-blogger-award-happy-dance.html. Good luck!

    - Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesomesauce! Thanks for the nomination, Kim!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome awesome awesome post, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! I always appreciate your comments!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  3. You're right. I can try to appreciate what i have but I can always be like "Oh I want that but..." still it's nice to appreciate things even without knowing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right too, Delaney!

      Thanks for reading my post and commenting!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  4. I really like the quote/question "Is your glass half full, or half empty?". Just like everything or event, we always can view it from different angles or prospective and draw different conclusions from the same event. Though being positive or negative personality is truly affected by one's generic factors, the effort each makes to be happy is definitely has constant impact on daily life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, beautiful and wise words indeed. Thanks for the inspiration!

      -Grace :)

      Delete

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...